Monday, February 20, 2012

Lumigent log reader

Sorry to even ask here, but I can't find any better Lumigent forum,
and I'm not sure yet what their official support mechanisms are, and
if I have access to them. At least I am using it with SQLServer!
We have a licensed (one year? permanent?) copy. What I want to do is
to read some old log files, extract the data into SQLServer tables,
and do some analysis. To do this, do those files have to reside on a
system running SQLServer? Since they are old, not current, files, do
I even need to install the server-side Lumigent code on that server?
Do the server-side tools even have to be installed on a system running
SQLServer? (I think yes, because I gather at least part of what they
do is install some xp's). Cuz otherwise I could install the "server"
components on my workstation, which it so happens in this environment
does NOT have SQLServer running locally.
Last but not least, if there's a better forum online for (public)
Lumigent support, I'd appreciate pointers in their direction!
Thanks.
Josh
Also, yes, it seems likely so I'll ask, apparently Lumingent requires
you to scan for just one database at a time, does the database that
I'm interested in have to reside on the same server, and does it have
to be in the same version as it was when the log files were created?
J.
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:40:02 -0800, JRStern <jxstern@.bogus.com> wrote:
>Sorry to even ask here, but I can't find any better Lumigent forum,
>and I'm not sure yet what their official support mechanisms are, and
>if I have access to them. At least I am using it with SQLServer!
>We have a licensed (one year? permanent?) copy. What I want to do is
>to read some old log files, extract the data into SQLServer tables,
>and do some analysis. To do this, do those files have to reside on a
>system running SQLServer? Since they are old, not current, files, do
>I even need to install the server-side Lumigent code on that server?
>Do the server-side tools even have to be installed on a system running
>SQLServer? (I think yes, because I gather at least part of what they
>do is install some xp's). Cuz otherwise I could install the "server"
>components on my workstation, which it so happens in this environment
>does NOT have SQLServer running locally.
>Last but not least, if there's a better forum online for (public)
>Lumigent support, I'd appreciate pointers in their direction!
>Thanks.
>Josh
|||* Yes the database with same name has to be there.
(Still not sure if it needs to have same schema)
* Old log files can reside anywhere.
* Server-side tools do need to install on server running SQLServer.
* Server-side tools do need to be installed.
J.
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:53:38 -0800, JRStern <jxstern@.bogus.com> wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
>Also, yes, it seems likely so I'll ask, apparently Lumingent requires
>you to scan for just one database at a time, does the database that
>I'm interested in have to reside on the same server, and does it have
>to be in the same version as it was when the log files were created?
>J.
>
>On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:40:02 -0800, JRStern <jxstern@.bogus.com> wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment