Saturday, February 25, 2012

Machine Rebuild - restored ReportServer database

I recently had to rebuild my local machine. As such, I backed-up all
of the relavent local databases that I needed (including the RS dbs).
After the rebuild, I have attempted to connect my new instance of RS to
a restored version of the ReportServer database. The instance
initialized after I got the encryption keys worked out (finally
remembered the password), however, when trying to run any saved report
(or any function other than directory browsing for that matter), I get
an error of:
The feature: "Scale-out deployment" is not supported in this edition of
Reporting Services. (rsOperationNotSupported) (rsRPCError).
Important things to know about my install:
1. My machine name is now different than before.
2. The orginal SQL instance was named, now it is the default
3. Was, and still am, running the Standard edition
I know that the scale-out deployment is not available in the Standard
edition. However, the install is completely local. My only thought is
that the restored database has kept the original machine name and/or
SQL instance name somewhere and RS is comparing against that. Is there
a way to correct this or am I up a creek?
Any help would be greatly appreciated - I am rather new to RS . . .
Thanks,
ScottI will save someone some time by stating that I was able to:
1. Save the report and model definitions from the original restored
database locally
2. Repointed my RS instance to the newly setup ReportServer database
3. Upload the definitions
4. Recreate datasources
5. Reconfigure the models to point a new data sources.
The reports came up ok - a little bit of a hassle, but got everything
working. Fortunately, just local development and I only had a couple
of reports.
Thanks,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment