Monday, February 20, 2012

LSN Error

SQL 2k WIn 2k.
I just restored a dB and now I am receiving the following error on my
log reader for the restored dB.
The LSN (169614:314254:8) passed to log scan in database 'StoreMain' is
invalid.
I cannot find anything online. Any one have any ideas?
Larry...
Did you also restore the distribution database as well as the subscribers?
When the log reader starts, it reads an entry from the distribution database
that designates the last LSN read from the transaction log. The Log Reader
then starts to read the transaction log forward of that marker. If you have
restored the publisher without also addressing the distribution database and
the susbcriber, then the Log Reader is not going to find the LSN that it is
looking for and will then throw this error. The cleanest way to fix this is
to reinitialize, because your subscribers can have data that is out of synch
with the publisher.
Mike
Mentor
Solid Quality Learning
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com
"LPR-3rd" <lreames@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1136841382.142705.313890@.f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> SQL 2k WIn 2k.
> I just restored a dB and now I am receiving the following error on my
> log reader for the restored dB.
> The LSN (169614:314254:8) passed to log scan in database 'StoreMain' is
> invalid.
>
> I cannot find anything online. Any one have any ideas?
> Larry...
>
|||How will reinit fix the LSN problem?
The cleanest way to fix this is to reinitialize, because your
subscribers can have data that is out of synch with the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment