Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Maintenance Plan bug on SQL Server 2005

Hello, everyone:

I have a strange trouble on SQL Server 2005 on XP/local and Win 2003/server. When I connect local database and create a backup plan named by "backup plan", I can see the name under "maintenance plan" and "Jobs" under SQL Server Agent. But if I connect to server database and do the samething, I cannot see the name under "maintenance plan". I can see the name under "Jobs" under SQL Server Agent. But cannot delete this job, and message:

Drop failed for job "Backup Plan".(Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo).

Did someone meet this bug and have suggestions?

Thanks

ZYTPermissions? Do you have the same permissions to the server as you do to your local SQL Server?|||Hi, Pootle:

Thanks for reply.

I have sysadmin permissions to the server.

ZYT

Permissions? Do you have the same permissions to the server as you do to your local SQL Server?|||Hi, Pootle:

The server is the remote one that our company just got from someone else. I login by "Remote Desktop Connection" and check SQL Server. From Start - Programs - SQL Server 2005, there is only "Configuration Tools" available, no other componences like "SQL Server Management Stadio". This is first time I sam and confused. What was happened?

When I connect server from SQL Server, I can all tables and stored procedrues.

Thanks

ZYT

Permissions? Do you have the same permissions to the server as you do to your local SQL Server?|||As I remember, there was a bug in SQL 2005 SP2 that affected Maintenance plans. Check to see what hotfixes are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment