Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Maintenance Plan creation fails

I've been searching everywhere for a solution to this problem and no answers exist anywhere. When I try to create a new maintenance plan I get the following error. I've been told it may be related to SSIS but nobody has a solution. How do I fix this issue so I can create a maintenance plan.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (mscorlib)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
An OLE DB error 0x80004005 (Client unable to establish connection) occurred while enumerating packages. A SQL statement was issued
and failed.
An OLE DB error 0x80004005 (Client unable to establish connection) occurred while enumerating packages. A SQL statement was issued
and failed.

I have the same problem trying to create a maintenance plan via SQL management studio. The problem is on SQL2005 EE. I just applied SP1, the problem is still there.

However I have no problem doing the same task on a server with SQL2005 Standard Edition. I can create maintenance plans fine.

On both servers, I installed everything from the CD. That is SSIS is running on those servers.

So what is wrong with creating maintenance plan on SQL 2005 Enterprise Edition?

Please help!

NP

|||

Im having the same issue SQL 2005 EE. Works on one machine and but not on another machine. Both has same OS version, same SQL 2005 EE SP1. Any idea?

Dev

|||

I found that when I reinstalled SQL2005 EE with only core options (SQL Service, SQL Agent, SSIS), the maintenance problem is not there.

I guess when you installed all options of SQL2005 EE on the same machine, the maintenance plan problem occurs.

NP

No comments:

Post a Comment