Friday, March 30, 2012

maintenance plan for all databases

Hi,
I would like to know if its better to create ONE maintenance plan for all
databases or create a maint plan for every database.
Thanks,
RamuRamu,
It depends on whether every database should have the same maintenance plan.
Don't make more plans than you need, that just adds more work for you to set
up and maintain, but don't try to cram everything into a single plan if they
should be treated differently.
I have 3 to 5 maintenance plans per server, depending on the class of
individual databases.
RLF
"Ramu" <Ramu@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6B7A5A16-CC9C-4B3C-A1DC-19BFF4DD3AAF@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I would like to know if its better to create ONE maintenance plan for all
> databases or create a maint plan for every database.
> Thanks,
> Ramu
>|||On Aug 9, 10:46 am, Ramu <R...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know if its better to create ONE maintenance plan for all
> databases or create a maint plan for every database.
> Thanks,
> Ramu
Often times I like to simply separate my base maintenance plans into
one that works on the system tables, while the other works on the user
tables.|||I do a plan for production (user databases), one for system, and if
needed one for transaction logs. I like to separate them. I don't
think SQL cares but it seems neater to me.
acorcoran wrote:
> On Aug 9, 10:46 am, Ramu <R...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Often times I like to simply separate my base maintenance plans into
> one that works on the system tables, while the other works on the user
> tables.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment